Friday, November 04, 2005

Life of a Hobbit

  • 0625 Friday 4 November 2005 Pour a bowl of Golden Grahams, small glass of orange juice. Watch news for five minutes
  • 0700 Arrive at hospital. Piddle in resident's lounge, debating between starting ICU rounds or going to "Coffee with Cardiology" residents' conference. I'd prefer going to the cardiology meeting, but I feel a little guilty because others will round on my patients if I'm slow.
  • 0715 Arrive to "Coffee with Cardiology." Help myself to a biscuit, eggs, fresh fruit, and coffee.
  • 0735 Start ICU rounds
  • 0920 Finish ICU rounds. My co-resident on ICU, Ming, asks if I want to join her for breakfast before we start floor rounds. I oblige. I eat Third Breakfast, consisting of a bowl of oatmeal with raisins and brown sugar and a glass of skim milk.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This confirms it...you are definitely my hero.

Chair said...

Is "Dr. J" - John R.?

Anonymous said...

How much do you weigh??