Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Busy call night

It's not a good thing when your morning labs have already been drawn and you're still awake. Which makes me wonder--why am I blogging at this hour?

I'll have to write more about this crazy night: The STAT cardiothoracic surgery consult for a cross-cover patient, my patient who's been crumping for the better part of 24 hours, the cross-cover do-not-resuscitate patient who died but whose heart wouldn't stop beating, and the patient I just admitted who's teetering on the edge of sudden death...

But first, an hour nap before I round...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This should be an interesting post coming up...

Anonymous said...

Jonathan, you're leaving us in such suspense! What happened with the patient who'd been crumping for the better part of 24 hours, the cross-cover do-not-resuscitate patient who died but whose heart wouldn't stop beating, and the patient who was teetering on the edge of sudden death?