Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Back from New York

Well, my long weekend in New York is over, and I'm back to the fast-paced life of Hematology-Oncology. I have another three-day work week, since I was traveling on Monday, and I'm taking Good Friday off.

Highlights from the trip include...

  • Exploring Columbia University's campus. (The subway stop here is far cleaner and brighter than most other stations!)

  • Walking from Columbia to Juilliard, that is, the entire length of the Upper West Side. (Here's a view of Lincoln Plaza from Alex's dorm room.)

  • A few strolls through Central Park

  • Visiting the Guggenheim with an old classmate, Mike
  • Emanuel Ax playing Beethoven at Carnegie Hall
  • Hanging out in Battery Park City with Hansen
  • Visiting Redeemer Presbyterian Church on cold, sunny Palm Sunday. I don't have a picture of the church, but here's a little church I found in Washington Heights.

  • And lastly, this a shot taken from the balcony in the new Time-Warner building at 59th street and 8th Avenue. This is the southwest corner of Central Park as seen through the huge front window.

3 comments:

Doctor J said...

I can't believe you're moving somewhere where people still go ice skating in April. It's in the 80's in Dallas right now...

Anonymous said...

I too was surprised to see the ice skating. Was that your own picture or something you googled?

Jonathan said...

Yes, I took the ice-skating picture. The air in an indoor ice-skating rink really isn't too cold, so I'm not surprised they're able to maintain an outdoors rink when ambient temperatures haven't yet reached 70.