Wednesday, May 17, 2006

One quick post

I have to apologize to those faithful friends and family members who continue checking my blog regularly, despite the paucity of posts. ("I like that alliteration...all those L's!" John, this is for you.) I do intend to keep this thing up; it's just that some seasons of life are busier than others. Lately I've been trying to read anesthesia, do some online courses for my residency in New York, plan my next month, prepare for the USMLE Step III, start thinking about getting ready to move, and spend time with some of my friends for the last time before leaving this Texas town I've grown to love over the last five years. And oh yes, continue my 70-hour a week job of being an intern.

Okay, so "grown to love" is a little cheesy, but it's still a great city, and God's blessed me with many dear friends here. I went running tonight with my iPod shuffle, and after listening to Heifetz' recording of the Sibelius violin concerto, a rather sentimental bittersweet pop song came up next. One that reminded me that although there are many exciting adventures to come in New York City, I'm leaving a lot behind.

Before I sign off for the night, I wanted to share a picture of my brother & best friend David. This is on the rooftop of an apartment building in the Upper East Side of Manhattan.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm feelin' the alliteration, Jonathan...

Anonymous said...

Billy Collins' "Workshop", if I'm not mistaken.
~DH

Anonymous said...

Good to know DH is reading BC.....

Anonymous said...

What was the pop song you were referencing? Just out of curiosity...

Jonathan said...

Maybe it was alternative. Anyway, it's Five for Fighting's "Superman"

Anonymous said...

You paid good money for "Superman"?

Jonathan said...

I don't know who you are or who you work for, but this is your first reminder that I have the power to delete comments on my blog!! :-) It's not a threat...it's a promise.

Anonymous said...

So, why's that song sentimental for you? Does it remind you of SMALLVILLE?! By the way, I wrote the first question and the person who made fun of your purchase of the song was someone else. I actually have that song on my own Itunes collection!