Friday, September 08, 2006

Ah, autumn

My favorite season has definitely arrived to the northeast! September marks the beginning of this great time of the year, and my birthday just so happens to be today.

I was assigned to a genito-urinary room today where we did three robotic radical prostatectomies. (see sample pictures below) Ironically, the urology resident's birthday was also today! She was turning thirty, I, twenty-eight.

A picture of a robot-assisted operation. This is not a prostatectomy, since that would be a very high-riding prostate. Also, given that the patient's arm is over the sterile drapes, I suspect this is a staged photo.


This is what the surgeon looks like during the case.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jonathan!

I hope you enjoyed the robot prostatectomies (sp?). My favorite part of these are when the surgeon talks while his head is in the machine, and his voice booms from speakers in the room. It's as though God just asked you for more Trendelenburg.

Anonymous said...

I just hope the robots never turn evil and start attacking you when you're slow about Trendelenburg.
-Davido