Sunday, August 27, 2006

Apartment 7G, amended

I realized my scanned page in the 7G post didn't have the best resolution. I tried increasing the size, tried changing file types, tried uploading from My Documents rather than My Scans. All to no avail. I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

This is all remedied, however, thanks to a suggestion from my friend Scott. I took a digital picture of my original sketch, uploaded that to the computer, and uploaded that to Blogger. There has to be a better way.

This may be the appropriate place for a general question regarding the nature of the verbs upload and download. Of course I upload a picture to my blog, and I download music from iTunes. But what about camera to computer? Does uploading always refer to transferring from the simpler to the more complex? Or does downloading always indicate a direction toward my personal computer, whether that be from the internet or a digital camera?

Anyway, here's the picture. I forgot to write "bike" next to the funny-shaped thing locked to the railing of the staircase. "Jonathan's bike" is now in the hall outside the apartment, rather than in the living room.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Perhaps "transfer" could be a helpful term to employ.

~dh

Melissa said...

yes, transfer is a more accurate description of the vertical transmission...only 2 of the 3 plants are labeled - what's in the 3rd?

Anonymous said...

Could you please repost the picture with more specific locations of all your valuables? Also, include your call schedule and where the spare key is hidden...