Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I power Blogger

So I've added a couple new elements to my blog format. You'll notice a list of labels in the right-hand margin. Starting this summer I've begun categorizing the posts, so if you're writing a biography of my life and you're writing a chapter on my exercise and reading habits, it'll be easier to find posts that pertain to those topics. Alternatively, if you're just a crazy stalker and you want to know what parts of town I can usually be found in, just click, "Around town."

As a side note, this was suprisingly easy to do. Back when I had a counter in the older days of Blogspot, I had to add it by copying html text form another website and then combing through what seemed like hundreds of pages of densely-packed html code before, by trial and error, I could find the appropriate place to paste it. The improved Blogspot is much easier. It features a schematic of the format in which I can simply click and drag to rearrange elements, and adding things is a snap.

Also, at the bottom of the page is a new logo. Rather than cliched slogans like, "Powered by Power Bar" or "Powered by Intel" or "Powered by Cold Fusion," I like the spin on this one. "I power Blogger." That's right. What would Blogspot be without people like me?

In the same vein, I smile every time I think of Stephen Colbert's new book, I Am America: And So Can You.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You can't imagine how taxing it has been for your readers to wade through months of blogs find that favorite Economist or Grammar post. My only suggested improvement is to add a "laundry" or "what I had for dinner last night" category.
-daveo