Monday, April 28, 2008

The Age of Turbulence

While my elderly first patient of the day took a quick trip to the lavatory before I brought her back to the operating room, I noticed her husband was reading Alan Greenspan's recent book, The Age of Turbulence. The avid Mulberry Street reader will remember this book from my November 19, 2007, post in which I repeated a reviewer's remarks, "...nobody ever accused Mr Greenspan of being a lively speaker, let alone a born storyteller, and no reviewer could approach this volume with anything but a heavy heart and a sense of duty."

I commented to the husband on the book, and before I could repeat the clever phrase from the review, the husband said, "Oh yes, we're good friends with Alan."
* * * * * * * * * * * *

When I was looking for a picture for this post, I ran across this one of a younger Alan Greenspan. This was taken probably some 30 years ago, back when he was 80.

No comments: