Sunday, December 10, 2006

Midnight post

It's been a while since I used to post late at night when on call. Not that I'm too eager to revive the tradition, but it's 1:30 AM and I'm on a break with nothing else to do.

I've learned not to expect a light call day when I'm on "long call" on Saturday. Owing to one of the urologist's special dispensation to schedule up to three robotic prostatectomies on Saturdays, we're pretty sure to stay busy.

My day thus far has consisted of one robotic prostatectomy, one craniotomy for an intracranial aneurysm clipping (why yes, brain surgery), and one laparoscopic appendectomy which we're in the middle of. With any luck, I should get 3 or 4 hours' sleep after this is over.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

It IS 1:30 here; for some reason my posts are automatically stamped with Central Time.