Sunday, December 31, 2006

Depends...

What a delightful tidbit to post as my second year of blogging draws to a close.

I recently notified a charitable organization to which I've donated in the past that it appeared I had two separate account numbers, and the address on one account number was wrong. I received a prompt reply that included these sentences:

Thank you for informing us that you have two donor accounts under your name. Please accept our sincere apologies for this error and for the incontinence that this has caused you.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How did they know about the incontinence??? How embarassing......

Anonymous said...

urinary or fecal?

Anonymous said...

I had a secretary once whose native language was not English. For a brief to be submitted to a court, I had dictated "As the attached compilation of data shows...". What came out was "As the attached copulation of data shows..." While that may have been an accurate value judgement with respect to the data, the statement would have caused the Judge to think less of the argument being made on behalf of the client, I think. When I pointed out the mistake she merely shrugged and said, "Well, it went through the spell checker." Ahh, modern technolgy dumbs us down again.