Thursday, July 19, 2007

* Let the weekend begin

Harkening back to my college days, I remember the distinct feeling that the weekend begins on Thursday night. Not that I was much of a partier on Thursday nights. Okay, I wasn't anything of a partier, but still Thursday evening brought a bit of excitement that the weekend was just around the corner. That excitement was reason to, against better judgment, stay up too late. But that excitement also was also enough to tide me over to early Friday afternoon when I found myself finished with class for the week and ready to join friends for lunch and face a full afternoon which stretched into the distant horizon of a long, beautiful weekend.

Once again, I found myself beginning the weekend a bit early. Tonight it involved seeing the new animated feature, Ratatouille, with friends at the 84th Street theater. (Do I even need to clarify that this was in the Upper West Side? Regular readers of my blog should know that the UWS extends from 59th Street to 110th, and that only under dire circumstances would I venture east of Fifth Avenue. *shudder* East Side.)

The film was a pleasant surprise. Clever, well designed, great animation, and cute. Not life-changing, perhaps, but if I walk away from a theater not regretting I paid $12 for a movie, then I'm satisfied. The image above is a gigantic ad I spotted in Dallas recently. A few more pictures follow.
Mavis, Dustin, and me. Dustin bought us ice cream beforehand.
This picture is funnier knowing that Dustin thought his tongue was blue.
Me and the rat.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Blogspot, why must you torture me with the format? Every time I add pictures, the paragraph spacing becomes erratic and near impossible to fix. Do other bloggers have this problem? I think it doesn't go so well with my OCD for grammer and format.

Also in attendance were Dongshu, Cindy, and Mauricio.