Tuesday, August 09, 2005

A not so hum-drum day...

...would give me plenty of material about which to write a post. Today, however, leaves me struggling to write something that merits the scrutiny of thousands of readers.

Despite my previous resolutions, I decided a 30-minute afternoon nap when I got home at 3:30 would be just the thing to recharge me for the rest of the day. Upon awakening, I was pleasantly surprised to see my friend Adam walk in the door. He, David, and I relaxed in the living room for an hour or so. Turns out my suspicions were correct, per Adam's report: Dave and Louisa are now engaged!!!

The rest of the evening was spent cooking some salmon for dinner, and then reading the New England Journal of Medicine at the library.

Maple-Bourbon Glazed Salmon with Dill Sauce
Mix one tablespoon bourbon with 1/2 cup maple syrup. Glaze a fillet of salmon for thirty minutes after rubbing with salt and pepper. Meanwhile soak a cedar plank in water for thirty minutes. Heat up the gril, and the fish on the plank for approx 25 minutes. Spread leftover glaze liberally over the salmon as it cooks.

For the sauce, mix 8 oz sour cream with 8 oz goat cheese, 1 tablespoon fresh dill, and freshly ground pepper. Spoon over the salmon and serve with lemon wedges.

1 comment:

Phil said...

An engagment! I must send my congratulations somehow (do you have their email addresses?). I'll pass the word on to my better half.