Sunday, October 15, 2006

My Lone Star Vacation, part one

Today's been a busy call day at the hospital. A craniotomy for clipping a cerebral aneurysm kept me busy from 0800 until 1715. I grabbed some food with the fellow residents in the lounge after the case, and then had some alone time on the 12th floor roof looking out over Manhattan. The skyline at dusk and a nippy 50-degree breeze (That's 11 degrees Celsius, for my down-under readers) greeted me as I walked into the open air.

That's all I have to say about that. I wanted to share some highlights and pictures from my vacation in Texas last week. Even though I felt like three months away from my home-state was a significant amount of time, when I returned it was amazing how it felt that no time had passed since I left!


Memories include:

  • Working all day with my family to prepare a shower for my cousin Lauren and fiance Trevor in our backyard. About 50 people came, though I think we had food for a hundred.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where have you gone Jonathan? Your public needs you. The description and pics of your cousin's wedding shower can only sustain us for so long.
-davido

Anonymous said...

"Once again, the blog has been neglected. My readers cry for help from the ditch beside the road....
But I'm back. Never again will I let this happen. I have started afresh. A new leaf. An open book. The curtain rises."
- Dr J.M. Hastie on 10/06/06

Anonymous said...

*sighing in relief* I'm glad you didn't tell your loyal blog readers what a slave driver I was! I also notice you didn't tell them that I am the "Hostess with the Mostest" =)
-charity