Thursday, October 06, 2005

A glorious October day

Autumn in New Hampshire

Autumn has finally come to this corner of Texas! Although I'm back on the internal medicine wards for the month of October, I happen to be off today. (I'm particularly happy about this, as I especially enjoy Thursdays.) Mixed with my aspirations to make the most of the day was my desire to sleep, and so my day began lazily at 0730. A quick trip downstairs to pick up a newspaper was my first taste of the refreshingly cool autumn air that crept into town overnight. I opened all the windows to the apartment to let in the 61-degree air and spent the next hour purusing the paper at the breakfast table.

What to do with the day?!? So many possibilities! Here are a few:
  • Vacuum the apartment, tidy up my room--these chores will help me feel productive and enjoy my room more, though I've gotten pretty good at ignoring the small pile of paperwork hidden behind the armchair in my room.
  • Buy new running shoes. My old ones were purchased in September 2004, and I'm sure have traveled well over the recommended 200 miles for a good pair of running shoes.
  • Go running on the trail near my apartment.
  • Read a chapter or two in my anesthesia book.
  • Read an issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.
  • Purchase and pot some fall plants for my balcony planter-box.
  • Consider going to the symphony tonight (which is performing the Copland Clarinet Concerto--a great blend of jazz and classical music)

No comments: