Sunday, October 30, 2005

My weekend

At the risk of boring my new readers and offending my faithful readers, I'll avoid lapsing into an uninspired and ponderous narrative detailing the offerings of this weekend. It was a good weekend, to be sure, but one that doesn't easily render itself blogable. Hence, I present another bulleted summary.


  • Friday, October 28 David and I journeyed to the northernmost reaches of this city to dine with Clay and Lori. A few fajitas and a margarita later, we spent the rest of the evening playing Trivial Pursuit: Pop Culture Version. One of the two questions I actually knew was What position does Harry Potter play in the game Quidditch? Ten points for whoever leaves the correct answer first as a comment.
  • Saturday, October 29 Far from being a "get-in and get-out" sort of day at the hospital, I nobly overcame two sabotaged discharges. Constipation is no match for the pen that orders a Fleets Enema with the threat of a larger-volume tap-water enema to follow, and a little run of asymptomatic second degree heart block can be addressed with "curb-side" cardiology consult, a medication change, and close follow-up.
  • David and I finished the evening by dining with Adam at a neighborhood cafe. The UT-OSU game played in the background, and Adam, being an Aggie, cheered not so much for the Cowboys as against the Longhorns. However, I'm sure Clay appreciated his alma mater's second-half come-from-behind 47-28 victory. Three years and running...
  • Sunday, October 30 After rounding, I joined the rest of my immediate family (minus Charity's husband J.T.) at church for Shelley and Chris's new membership. We ate as a family afterward and then relaxed at my apartment with coffee and scones. Later, Roman, Isabella, Shelley, Chris, and I wandered down to the nearby park so the kids could play. It was a thoroughly relaxing Sabbath afternoon, and it made me realize how much I'll miss my family next year when I'm farther away.

Trivia question: 50 points goes to whomever can name the location (city and state) of the house pictured above, or the school of thought co-founded by its famous architect.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Frank Lloyd Wright???

Anonymous in Oak Park, IL

Chair said...

Jonathan -- you gotta make the trivia questions a little bit trickier. If I right click on the picture and go to "properties" it says: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/6207/1277/320/frank-lloyd-wright-house.0.jpg

I don't think Anonymous in Oak Park, IL deserves 50 points -- possibly 10 would suffice. Plus if Anonymous is actually in Illinios, he/she should be accustomed to recognizing FLW's work -- therefore I think they should only be awarded 5 points.

Just a thought from your baby sister...

Phil said...

Harry Potter is Seeker.