Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Another pet peeve


This is in response to Dr J's comment on my Jonathan 2.0 post.

Often as I'm getting off the subway on a cold morning with my mug of hot tea, soon to begin another day's work at the hospital, enjoying the remaining fleeting minutes of tranquility and peace; I find myself dodging would-be passengers flying down the steps trying to catch the subway I just left. Besides being dangerous (I read an article about a guy who tripped on the last step as he ran down the steps and fell onto the tracks in front of an oncoming train) and rude (they could very well cause me to spill my tea), the greater offense is that these tardy passengers destroy the last remnants of my morning peace.

Never run down the stairs to the subway. Just watch the doors close as you walk down, and think to yourself, "I should have given myself more time to catch this train. Here I am reaping what I sow. At least all is right with the universe." And please, stay to the right so that I can ascend in peace with my Earl Grey.

No comments: